6.27.2015

Love Is Love




Yesterday was a great day, yesterday the Supreme Court ruled that same sex marriage is legal in all 50 states! My Facebook feed was filled with rainbows and happiness.  I cried tears of joy and my little black heart grew two sizes.

While riding the high of the love I felt for my common man yesterday I saw Mitchell, my friendly neighborhood Target employee.  He was wearing a shirt from Target's Pride collection. You can shop the collection here.

There are some people however that are not happy about this decision.  I would like to address these grievances.





Reason #1: Gay Marriage is offensive.
image via wikipedia



You know what offends me? People who wear socks with sandals. Do I go on hate filled rants in the hopes that senior citizen tourists all over the world will stop this hideous trend? No, it's none of my damn business what footwear/clothing combination they wear. If you are offended by gay and lesbian couples marrying than don't attend their weddings. Simple solution.














Reason #2: It's against their religious beliefs.
Pet Gear Pink Happy Trails Pet Stroller
You can get this lovely stroller at Petco
The bible has a lot of crazy rules in it, like stoning an unmarried woman in front of her father's house because she got pregnant.  There are offenses that are punishable by death that don't apply to society today.  If you are going to use the bible as your defense than you better follow it to the letter, sorry ladies, that means if your husband walks in on you in the shower and aunt flo is in town you are now cut off from society.

Religion is not a valid reason to hate an entire demographic. I am pretty sure that just pisses God off.

You want to know what's against my religion? People who bring their little dogs into stores in strollers and say that it's a service dog. No your little Fee Fee with her faux fur hot pink dress from the Paris Hilton collection is NOT a service dog. Your only disability is ignorance.



Reason #3: It Ruins the Sanctity of Marriage
I'm just going to leave this right here:


pics on Sodahead

And this:
Full story at buzzfeed.com






















My Santa, Tooth Fairy & Easter Bunny
Reason #4: They don't believe in gay marriage
How do you not believe in gay marriage? Same sex marriage is not like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy or good customer service from Comcast. It does exist, you can see it all around you. The LGBT community isn't invisible or make believe they are real people with real feelings.

I want to make it known I did not list Unicorns as imaginary or nonexistent because I still hold out hope they will appear one day.







Reason #5: Our country is going in the wrong direction
If you believe the worst thing that could happen is same sex marriage you are grossly unaware of the true travesties in our country. There are people who ride mopeds in the fast lane, MOPEDS!!!!!
And of course This.

In all seriousness. There are a lot of bigger issues we face in America.  If you want to help your fellow American do something good, stop the hate and rally for something out of love.

Here are some great ways to make a difference:
Donate money to a charity near and dear to you, I personally love St. Jude's Children's Hospital, Feeding America and Habitat for Humanity.
Volunteer at a local food bank, animal shelter, nursing nome, community center or school.
Support your community. Don't tear those in it down because they are different, our differences is what makes life interesting.  Love will always win and for that I am proud.

You can follow my antics on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment